Just a disclaimer that this post is not spam, or intended to make you run away, or make you think I’m one of “those” people who enjoys forwards and subscribes to them lest I have bad luck for the next few years or something. But this is a forwarded type of blog post. If you want to stop reading now, that’s ok. But it’s really just a collection of things that will let you know a little more about me. For example, I love making lists. So a list of 11 things to get to know each other better? I can get on board with that.
My friend April from Red Dirt Mama sent this to me and to be honest, I was over the moon excited to be tagged. I thought, “Oh my goodness, someone likes me and my blog enough to include me!! Of course I’ll play!” I think April and I are both fairly new to the blogging world, so this is a neat idea that allows you to learn more about the people behind the blogs that fill your inbox, share yourself in more concise terms than blog posts, and get that super excited feeling when tagged because, “Oh my goodness someone likes me!” Wait, that last part is just me? Let’s move on.
So, if you would like to play, go for it! I can not wait to learn more about you! If you don’t want to no problem. Nothing bad will happen. Probably.
So here’s the game:
5. Tag 11 people and tell them you’ve tagged them.
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I apparently have a thing for guys with red hair. I love, LOVE Conan O’Brien. I also wound up marrying a guy with red hair, and our little boy has red hair too. Who knew?
2. Before I started the stay-at-home-mom gig I’ve got going on now, I worked as a kindergarten teacher for two years and as a nanny for one. I also began babysitting when I was 12 and never stopped. Kids are kind of my thing.
3. I used to be a really talented performer. Singing, dancing, acting, the whole bit. I received full voice scholarships to college, danced in a Super Bowl Pre-Game Show and sang The National Anthem at an Atlanta Braves game. I used to have dreams of going to Broadway, but it turns out, life often has other plans.
4. Everybody has events in life that shape them. For me, it was the death of my father when I was 18 and the very awful birth experience I had when my son was born.
5.I really, really love alliteration. That’s why my blog is called Elated Exhaustion, and probably why this post is called Sunday Silliness. It’s just fun.
6. I also have a thing for repeat numbers. That’s why I got married on 07-07-07 and was thrilled when my son was born on 09-01-09. How cool are those dates??
7. I am kind of a neat freak. You know all the quotes about not being a good mom unless you have a dirty house or a good mom doesn’t have time for a clean house, or something to that effect? I disagree. I think I’m a pretty good mom. I also have a pretty clean house.
8. I am a night owl. According to my mom, I always have been. While that aspect of my personality has been great for summer time or my teenage/college years, it sure made growing up and getting to school on time hard. Also? My son is a night owl too. Which is pretty great now that he’s little and I’m home with him. It’s going to be pretty not great when he starts kindergarten.
9. I have never broken a bone. Thankfully. I have, however, endured multiple hospital stays due to severe asthma.
10. I do not know how to ride a bike, and neither do my sister or brother. My parents just never taught us. My brother created a Facebook group for People Who Never Learned to Ride A Bike. I’m pretty sure we are the only 3 kids in it.
11. I did my student teaching abroad and lived in England for 3 months. It was the longest I had ever gone without seeing my family or boyfriend, who would later turn into my husband. It was the most wonderful three months of adventure and personal growth I have ever experienced. I also made some life long friends from that trip. It is one of the best life experiences I have ever had.
Now it’s your turn!
Devon at http://www.thejackchronicles.com/, Kimberly at http://www.makemommygosomethingsomething.com/, Jordan at http://www.employablemom.com/, Jill at http://mommyinconsistent.blogspot.com/, Alison at http://www.mamawantsthis.com/, Emily at http://www.my2littlebirds.blogspot.com/, Cassie athttp://www.chasingthewolfpack.com/, Galit at http://theselittlewaves.com/, Alex at http://www.lateenough.com/, Miranda at http://notsuperjustmom.com/, Julie at http://www.juliecgardner.com/